CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Let the nightmares begin...


So I got a new job. I'm going to be a server at Chiles. Long ago I worked as a server at a little -ole-place called IHOP. Don't make fun! Anyways, if you have ever been a server you may know about the "server nightmare." Picture this: A huge and unfamiliar restaurant, sometimes with multiple floors and a hidden kitchen, with millions of tables (okay that's an exaggeration...but there are a lot of tables) all full of people just waiting to order. And you the only server. For some reason you can't even manage to get even one table their drinks! You stumble over to the soda machine and fumble around. You're so freaked out by all the people that you eventually hide in a corner somewhere.

So I've chosen to haunt my dreams once again. But hey, at least I'll get to interact with other people other than children. Not that I don't love all my students, it's just nice to talk to an adult once and awhile, even if it the conversation consists of "Soup or salad sir?"

Wish me luck! I start training next week.

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Boy...they really have sexed up the wardrobe over at Chili's....

Kyla Stevens said...

Awesome Jamie. You'll do great. I could never be a waitress, I'm too forgetful. I'll come visit you next time I'm down.
Thanks for the text mess. that was so nice.

Unknown said...

Yea, I am so glad you have a blog. You are so funny, and you will be an amazing waitress. Whenever I go to Chili's I will ask for you. Have fun training!

Maleen said...

Good luck. I think Chili's would be a really fun place to work. As for the nightmares...I haven't served in ages and I STILL get the dreams. I don't think they ever really go away.
Although I heard a true story recently of a waitress who dropped a full tray of drinks, only to do it again when she brought the drinks a second time. Now that is a real nightmare. Poor girl.

Tyson,Brandy,Chanel, Crew said...

I can't wait to go and eat at Chili's!! When do you start? Tyson loves that place! I think you should wear the outfit too. :)

Kelly said...

JAMIE!!! Hey girl!! how are you? How come i didnt come across this sooner?! Wow, your gonna work at Chilis? Dane works there.. well worked there. His last day is next week. HE is moving to LA. ANYWAY... You sound like your doing good.

love you!

Melanie and Billy Hunter said...

Jamie I love you to death! i remember the ihop days fun blog its good to see what your up to

Stacy said...

Jamie????....Jamie???? The blogosphere is calling, you have abandoned them. Which is unacceptable.

Kyla Stevens said...

jamie, time for another post! I saw a few of your facebook pictures at your friends wedding and you look HOTT!!!!!

Lindsey, Nate, and Collin said...

Hey jamie i found your blog- and here is mine incase you are wondering what the fam is up to. Good luck at chili's I will have to come and say hello. My family eats there alot. Good luck with school. If you need to take your math 1050 let me know its my last class. Well see you around linds